The AvD Oldtimer Grand Prix is considered to be one of the most traditional motorsport festivals for classic cars in Europe and thus marks the highlight of the historic motorsport season in Germany. With about 500 historic race cars from the end of the twentieth until the beginning of the eightieth, the event will provide a virtual time travel through the history of international motorsports.
The Oldtimer is the premier festival of historic motorsport in Germany. Hundreds of historic racing cars compete in numerous starting fields at the Nürburgring. Pre-war sports cars can be seen as well as formula cars from practically all epochs, including the FIA Championship for Historic Formula 1 cars.
A great emphasis is also placed on sports cars and GTs – here the range even extends to the present day, because recently the Masters Endurance Legends (cars from the Endurance World Championship and Le Mans up to 2006) are on board, and the Porsche Carrera Cup builds a bridge to current motorsport.
AvD Oldtimer Grand Prix Events
More than 20 races and regularity tests are planned, in addition all the practice sessions for the various race classes and demonstration runs.
- Formula 1 Legends of the 70s-90s
- 1961 Grand Prix revival – the birth of 1.5-litre Formula 1
- AvD Historic Marathon for Touring Cars and GT on the Nordschleife
- FIA Lurani Trophy for Formula Junior Cars
- Evening race for two-seater racing cars and GT up to 1960/61
- Revival German Racing Championship / 100-Miles Trophy
- A Gentle Drivers Trophy
- Vintage Sports Car Trophy
Back to Calendar