Since its inception in 2011, the Donington Historic Festival has been renowned for the quality of its grids – a huge celebration with hundreds of historic race machines from the 1920s to 1990s.
The Festival will run a two-day format once again in 2022, each day will see action-packed qualifying sessions and highly competitive races. Car clubs, trade stands and lunchtime parades will add further to the heady mix.
Motor Racing Legends starts their race season by hosting no less than nine of their Race Series running across seven grids, joined by racing for Group C1 cars.
- C1 by Duncan Hamilton ROFGO – for original factory Group C1 cars
- Amon Cup for Ford GT40s
- Royal Automobile Club Pall Mall Cup – a new 3-Hour race series for Pre-’66 GTs, Touring Cars and fifties Sports Cars
- Sixties Touring Car Challenge with under 2-Litre Touring cars from the Pre-‘66 era
- Historic Touring Car Challenge and Tony Dron Trophy – showcasing Touring Cars from the Ford Capris, BMW ‘Batmobiles’ and Escorts of the early ‘70s through to the Sierra Cosworth RS500s and BMW M3s of the late 1980s
- Jaguar Classic Challenge
- Royal Automobile Club Woodcote Trophy and Stirling Moss Trophy – a headline 50s Sports Car one-hour, two-driver race
- ‘Mad Jack’ race for Pre-war Sports Cars
Back to Calendar