The 2021 edition of the VARAC Vintage Grand Prix celebrates the 60th anniversary of the Mosport Park circuit’s opening in 1961, so the event will have special significance this year.
The first major race held at “Mosport” was the Player’s 200 which was run on June 24, 1961. Entries included Porsches, Lotuses, a Jag, a Corvette and assorted other race cars. Many of the same makes and models will be running at the VGP.
The featured marque for 2021 is Lotus. We hope to have a significant cross section of Lotuses entered, including both production sportscars and purpose-built racing models.
Traditional and guest grids include:
- Vintage-Historic (cars built before 1972)
- Classic (cars built up to 1999)
- Formula Classic (open-wheeled and Monoposto cars built up to 1999)
- The Toyo Tires F1600 Championship
- The Formula Ford Challenge Series
- Vintage Sports 2000 North America Series.
- Thursday – pre-event Test Day with run groups for open wheeled, closed wheeled and street cars.
- Friday – practice and qualifying sessions for all run groups. Off track Friday (Covid permitting) there will be a sit down dinner in the CTMP Conference Centre, followed by a movie for anyone that wants to “hang around”.
- Saturday – races in the morning and afternoon for all run groups. Saturday (Covid permitting) will also see the Steam Whistle Paddock Tour (sort of a roaming dinner party in the paddock featuring free Steam Whistle Lager), followed by the Safety Crew’s “Mudmen” party in the big top tent.
- Sunday – Feature and Special Races. In addition to the on-track activities, the Field of Dreams Car Show will be held off track, including parade laps for car show entries on the Grand Prix track.
Back to Calendar